Sunday, April 3, 2011

Statement of My Resignation

First off, no - not a resignation from BBMHQ (at least not yet).. referring to the other BB entity I'm deeply associated with.

I felt that I own an explanation to all my fellow 3rd KL Officers and Boys for the "sudden" (well, not quite either) announcement of my resignation from the Company. Over the recent few months, work at BBM Headquarters has been at it's hardest. With one colleague leaving, another going on maternity for a couple of months and generally a excessively understaffed office.. my work at headquarters has increased three fold.

On top of that, I am finding myself missing more often due to regular National activities as well as those unplanned for. I remember a time when I was still in my blues after having earned my first stripes.. that I would get really annoyed with Officers who do not show up for parade.. affecting badgework, programs, etc. I also got annoyed with Officers who didn't seem to know much about what is going on in the Squad he is assigned to. What was the point becoming an Officer? Well - lately I know I've been become that same Officer.. regardless whether or not my reasons are legitimate or not.

Therefore, the need to avoid hypocrisy is my main reason for resignation. I know Officers must be committed to the task and should relinquish it if one is not able to perform.

However, I have decided NOT to resign from the Company, but instead only wish to be released from all all positions held, especially asthe Senior Section Chairman, Squad Officer and from Badgework. I will keep my membership alive in 3rd KL until a time when I feel it is truly time to let go. I know some of my bosses will not like the fact that I am attached to 3rd KL (or any Company) for good reasons. But our Founder, Sir William Smith was also and always has been attached to his home Company of 1st Glasgow until he died. So - just following footsteps =)

No comments:

Post a Comment