Saturday, March 10, 2012

Johor ANTS 2012 and Johor State Council Drill Competition

Here are some pictures of the Johor State Council ANTS in Kluang. I was the headcoach once again for this  event. 






Johor State BNTS and ANTS 2012 participants showing off their certificates of attendance


Something new for me was judging for drill competition. It has been 6-7 years ago since I last judged for drill in anything. I was approached by Mr James Soo, Johor State Commissioner to judge. What I didn't know was that I was expected to prepare the marking scheme and the whole system. I slept at 3.00am the night before to think it through. I'm glad I brought my printer along, otherwise it would've been really though.

The winners of the competition were, 1st Johor Bahru followed by Runner-ups 1st Simpang Renggam. Both teams displayed high levels of precision and uniform care. My humble opinion is that they will easily beat KL at their current standards. Congrats to the winners. The other two companies, 1st Kulai and 4th Johor Bahru didn't do too badly either. Hopefully more Johor companies will make it a point to train up and participate in future Drill Competitions, be it for Pesta or just amongst themselves. 


No comments:

Post a Comment