Sunday, March 4, 2012

Karisma 1 Malaysia

Normally I am not a fan of attending government functions, more cause I don't like crowds.. and the traffic. But this was one program we felt was worth the curiosity. BBM requested some of us to be represent BB in an event sanctioned by the Ministry of Women, Welfare and Community Development which organised an event for NGOs and other organisations. Dubbed "Karisma NGO", the purpose of the campaign was to encourage NGOs and other welfare organisations to apply for grants. 


I managed to scrape a few senior Boys from 3rd KL, mainly Sergeants and Staff Sergeants who were past SPM. Mr Derek Chan from 1st KL joined us also. 

So we were at Putra Stadium Bukit Jalil for the launch. Honestly, it wasn't that complicated a program which was packed with performance and entertainment. I guess I don't blame them - how do you make an event out of something which basically requires the Prime Minister to only say "Yes". Putting that into consideration, it was pretty good effort. I'll reserve my political views aside since small kids might be reading this blog.. but I did find it totally inappropriate for ministers to promote their political parties in what was supposed to be a government activity. 

Thousands pack into Putra Stadium

I guess either way, it was interesting to see the various performances and learned a few tricks which we might be able to use to get some funds. Was great catching up with Derek. So few people our age nowadays (that's the  1984ers) .

BBM Contingent which comprise of members from 1st and 3rd KL

No comments:

Post a Comment