Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Explanation Statement

Hi friends. I just thought I clear up this matter before it blows up (or get bigger if it did blow up at whichever point you're reading this statement). 

I work for a think tank. Part of what we do is to write articles on various subjects. Some of these articles get printed on the press for public awareness. 

On the 24th May 2017, an article was published on Sin Chew Daily written by me on an article concerning TN50. In this article, my BB photo was used. 


I'd like to clarify that Sin Chew was not authorised to use this photo. They would normally send a draft of the article to us before publishing, but didn't do so this round (not all our articles are selected. When there is no draft we usually assume it's rejected). It's only my second article with them, the first being the article on uniform groups published on 7th January 2017, so this is where the confusion is. 

This TN50 article was meant to be published for Malaysia Day - so I wasn't expecting it to be out this soon. 

Therefore, it wasn't my intention to use my BB photo for the article and this is an oversight of .. I guess all parties involved, including myself. My sincere apologies about this. 


(PS: that said, hope you found the article useful though. It talks about an equal need for good civic mindedness if we hope to be a developed nation. An English version can be found here http://www.mysinchew.com/node/117703)


No comments:

Post a Comment